Our series continues with another important step in the Product Launch Management and Coordination process. You know what they say, Proper Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance!
There is some momentum going now because you know what your goals are, you know who is going to work with you to reach those goals, and you have identified a clear message to share with your customer base. Now it is time to create the launch plan and get into the nitty gritty – the planning stage – of your Product Launch.
Tip #5: Formalize the Launch Plan Components
The Launch Plan is developed by defining all of the components that will contribute to your launch.
- Product development milestones and deadlines
- Advertising plan and press communications
- Website development and analytics
- Online and offline collateral plan (sales pages, brochures, banner ads, packaging, etc.)
- Ship dates and fulfillment plan coordination (if required)
- Internet marketing
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate and joint venture marketing and materials
- List build activities
- Event planning for launch
- References and success stories (from beta testing)
- Customer service plan
- Set up of sales process, merchant account, and shopping platform
Formalizing your Launch Plan will take some time. There are many things to consider, as shown by the list above. Plus, your budget comes into play at this point.
What kind of launch can you afford?
Do you have the money to put together a pre-launch teleseminar series?
Pre-launch activities that are free for the consumer and get them involved can create a lot of buzz and excitement. If you can get your audience sitting on the edge of their seats just waiting to find out what you will be unveiling, then you have done an excellent job with your pre-launch.
So, what do you have in mind for your Product Launch? What steps have you seen your colleagues take when they launch a new product?
Wishing you great success!